Pages

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

If I didn't know better...

I would think I had cancer.  Not to alarm anyone!  Overall my health is looking pretty good in that area and just to prove it I have just celebrated 4 years in remission!  But seriously the last time I had these kinds of bizarre things happen to my body and I felt this exhausted I was eventually diagnosed with Lymphoma.  Admittedly, if I hadn't had that positive pregnancy test in hand my hypochondriac self would have been hauling butt to the oncologist.

So what do you ask reminds me of it?

Well, so exhausted  that I snapped open my eyes and tried to figure out how long I had been sitting on the toilet, at work mind you.  Luckily it hadn't been that long but yikes!

Thrush - Oh yeah, that's right I don't even have a baby yet and I am already dealing with thrush.  I got it several times when I was sick so I knew what it was as soon as it began to appear. This may sound strange to you, but I have learned that normal doesn't exist in my world.

Itchy - okay well this was slightly different but when I was sick I itched so much all over my body that I drew blood and have scars on my back, feet and ankles.  This time, I had a flare up of my urticaria and was covered in hives and itching.


Pretty impressive list for less than two weeks isn't it? LOL  I figure I am simply trying to be efficient by getting it out of the way early.  At least I hope!

I know it seems a little dark to the compare the two but seriously who would have thought pregnancy would feel this way?  I certainly didn't! And I have been doing a lot of reading.

Fatigue or nausea or goofy other things, it's a part of the journey and I am so excited to be on it.

But I will gladly take any advice on keeping my energy up!  So share away!  I just know I am going to wake up at the end of the bus line drooling on some poor stranger's shoulder.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Your body is just busy, busy, busy making a new habitat for your little being to live in for the next nine months. That's some hard work to accomplish in a short amount of time, so just give in, rest up and remember that is only temporary . . . the guy on the bus that you drooled on will just have to forgive you :-)
    -Steph

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep reminding myself of two things: 1) I heard someone say this is proof that things are working correctly and 2) I did intentionally do this to myself lol

      Delete